Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Day 9 in Bali

Got up bright and early, headed for BaliSpirit Barn to for a QiGong Class but was disappointed that no one turned up. So, went for spa therapy instead at Zen Bali Spa!

The set up was definitely cleaner than Milano and overall a good session. They gave me 3 huge skewers of honeydew and ginger tea after that too! All for less than $20 for 1 hr massage.

Got my transport settled for my "excursion" to John Hardy's Jewellery Making Factory as I had been to the website before and really wanted to visit them myself. I was definitely not disappointed.


This was the showroom - very posh...very class and I bought something for my mum..:)
Warning: prices are not cheap..


The inside of the show room

However, I also saw the way the sales process ran, to make the buyer feel how "value for money" he/she has just spent on. Firstly, I was given a small complimentary brooch which the sales manager pinned on my T-shirt, just a small token of appreciation, but feels good, ain't it? Next, I was immediately passed a Birthday Club form, in which the company would send me a gift every year on my birthday! wow! talk about service!

Straight after, it was lunch time...no, not a food court or something in the middle of nowhere, but lunch on a long table with about 40-50 of the management staff of John Hardy! In fact, John Hardy himself (the CEO) was just 2 seats away from me! John had a microphone hooked up and addressed everyone. I shan't elaborate here, but needless to say, i was blown away by the spirit and care/concern he had for the people within his organisation.

Food was good and I checked out the Kitchen which cooks for 700 staff everyday! AWESOME!

The bamboo refrigerator


And the clay oven!

I then went on a tour of the producution line, where over 400 people worked everyday. (Sorry, no pictures allowed!) I was thoroughly impressed indeed, and would happily recommend all of you to come visit his factory, have lunch and experience something we don't normally get at home! Like I said, prices are not cheap, so buy if you want, but if not, feel free to walk away! There are other more affordable options and your drivers will be more than happy to bring u there! (like i did!)

I was very fortunate to meet with John Ellis, the Environmental Manager and that inspired me even more to explore opportunities within Environmental Conservation / Consultancy etc.

After getting his card, i headed back to Ubud and went for my Yoga Classes with Linda Madani. Just 3 of us, and the session was great! 2 hours of solid work over at the Ibah Villas.

Rushed back to BaliSpirit where Brenda Fereira was hosting a workshop on the Law of Attraction. Brenda has been a licensed spiritual practitioner with The Agape International Spiritual Center in Los Angeles. Reverend Michael Beckwith, one of the featured teachers in The Secret, and the Founder of Agape, has been her mentor for 20 years. Thats probably the main reason why I went, coz I absolutely dig Dr Michael Beckwith, so cool!

It was an interesting session (I shan't bore you with details) and I met pretty interesting people too. However, I started to feel a fever coming up and headed back to rest ASAP...

No comments: