Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Blogging Begins...

apologies apologies....soooooo long no entry, very paiseh..
was trying to figure out a way to blog properly...so i decided, my blog will not just be about photos, and what i did...but hopefully alittle bit of humor, some education and insights...:)

ok, firstly...few things i learnt during my 11 days in Bali...
*Disclaimer - Some I read, some I heard from my local guide, some I observed...so don't take them for the complete truth!*

1) Taxi & Transport (these two words) followed by a questioning tone are the most common words i hear everywhere i walk around! Taxi drivers, car drivers just sitting by the road side, hidden in an alley will just shout it out as i walk by!

2) Dogs are everywhere! Prettly harmless tho...

3) I look like Indonesian Chinese from Jakarta - at least 3 occasions people have looked at me and started conversations in Indonesian with me!

4) MLM is everywhere. Even the driver who fetched me from my resort to the Spa tried to "recruit me"! More details later...this is a good laugh indeed...

5) Riding a scooter ain't as easy as it looks (to me at least!) nearly drove off the road while on a lonely island..hahah..

6) Surfing is pretty darn shackadoos...was gasping for air and looking half dead towards the end of a 2/1/2hr class (and thats with theory/sitting around taking up to 30m-1hr of the time!)

7) Bali is predominantly a Hindu country, 90% actually, which means pork is readily available on the streets! Babi guling (spit roast pig stuffed with balinese spice paste) is one of their delicacies (which unfortunately i missed out on!)

8) Its against the law in Bali to have buildings higher than a coconut tree!

9) When a balinese is born, the placenta is burried in their home's grounds. That is why when Balinese leave Bali, they miss home very much! This was pretty interesting trivia for me...:P

OK, thats it for the intro...will go more in detail tmrw!

No comments: