Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 6 in Bali

Surprisingly, a very peaceful night, deep slumber, but still had to wake up at 5+am to catch the 1st boat back to mainland Bali. It was the weekend and we had to be at the "ferry terminal" earlier to secure a seat (even if it was just the open air roof top seat!)

Bade farwell to Nusa Ceningan and here is a nice shot of the mountains on Bali. Also caught some other kids playing while waiting for the boat to depart on video


The boat ride back was alittle bumpier than before, but the sun was kind and i was spared a roasting on my already tender neck and back...
A shot of the Tallest Building in Bali! Built in the days of the Dutch before the locals took control and imposed the "Coconut Height Limit" on all buildings..

Once we arrived to mainland, I was indeed convinced that half the population of Bali spend their weekends on the beach! Check out the Motor-brigade!

The tour bus was awaiting me and my next pick up point was at Ubud to head form my 3 day 2 night Northen Island retreat with Zen Body Holiday. Frankly, I booked it coz they provided a driver and I got to see a few sights which I wanted to see + 2 massages..and 2nights stay. I didn't know where the resort was really, and what kinda standard.

I arrived at my pick up point in Ubud, and Wayan my driver for the day was already there. We headed to Tirta Empul (meaning Holy Spring Water) Temple, one of the most prominent temples near Ubud. As it was a special festival weekend of The God of Knowledge - Saraswati, the temple was absolutely packed with people, hoping to take a holy bath within the temple. Here is a snap shot of it...don't worry, rated PG only..hah

I didn't stay long amongst the masses and we moved on to my first Rice Terrace - the Tegalalong Rice Terrace! Here is just one pic...
Lunch was next and I was brought up to Kintamani area where I could overlook Gunung Batur and its pristine lake...


This was a typical tourist trap, buffet lunch overlooking the volcano and lake....Soon, the restaurant was filled with Japanese boys and girls, Americans, Spanish, Chinese what have you...For that view, priceless :)

It was another 2 hrs drive through to my resort - Gaia Oasis at Tejakula, North at the coast. No cars can travel down to the reception, only motorbikes, so I had to stop some 500m away, call the resort, and a motorbike came out to pick me up. Did the madatory checking in, and when I saw the room, I was blown apart!
It was absolutely divine! A almost see-through villa by the beach, with the sound of waves caressing the shore all through the night! The photos probably don't do much justice...but here goes!
Views from within my room....the beach is just 100 m away!

My Royal Bed...Shiok ah! Got that kinda "protected" feeling when I released the "mosquitoe nets"...


Side "bed" and study table...
The open area just outside my villa, shared kitchen between 2 villas, chill-out area...lovely!


Showering in the open! Check out how low the wall is...haha..


And doing your business in the open too! hwahhaha....


The gardens just outside my room...heavenly...





Lovely sunsets...I'm getting a thrill in taking photos of sunsets...
The night was so peaceful, with waves singing to me as I drifted to dreamland....ahhhh

No comments: