Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 2 in Bali

Day 2 started with my Spa pampering session in the morning instead of Surfing - The tide changes every few days and it was scheduled for afternoon classes instead. For my first spa experience in Bali, I decided to go upmarket and went to Prana Spa. High End, lots of moolah...I figured, why not? Working so hard for 3+ yrs...time to pamper myself..haha..

Interesting thing was that the Spa provides a complimentary pick up for clients who are paying more than US$100. I qualified as I was doing 3 treatments, a Foot Shiatsu, a foot massage and shirodarah, costing abt US$150 in all (ex taxes).

The driver picked me up as planned and really, it was only just a 3 min ride away. Interestingly, within 24s of the ride, the driver started telling me the following:
Driver: "Mr Andy, I have a big business" For a moment, I just kept quiet, thinking in my mind....
Andy: "Er, OK..." Then the killer line...
Driver: "Have you heard of MLM?"
Andy:" Yes, I know...why?"
Driver: "I am from Tianshi, biggest MLM in Indonesia"
Andy: "Good....(long pause).....good"

I guess he saw that incredulous look on my face and stopped saying anything after that. We were literally arriving at the spa anyway!

What a way to start the morning! hahaha...

Anyway, a video clip now of the spa...Level 2!


The overall experience was really nice indeed. They let me have a free use of the cold and warm pools and I got my skin all flushed, heating it up and cooling it in the freezing waters. Really SHIOKKKK...Feet Shiatsu on my back was really hard and shirodarah was really dreamy and i came out all dreamy eyed! Not so dreamy while I scrutinized the bill tho!

Got back, was lunch time by then and had a nice Vegetarian Lunch at Zula. Saw some interesting hippie like people pretending to be cool eating vegetarian (well, they looked kinda pretentious, 2 ladies) and subsequently shopping a whole lot of "organic" and healthy stuff.

Afternoon was time to hit the surf AGAIN! Today, the waves were relentessly strong and all of us were exhausted! It was so interesting to learn about the ocean, the waves, channels etc and it make the class more interesting. Surfing is REALLY fun and I told myself, I'm gonna go back to bali and surf again soon! Oh, the abrasions started appearing on my knees and palms too...ouch..

Dinner was some Mongolian themed dinner at Contiki. For a room, bf and dinner is provided everyday, pretty convenient i must say!

No comments: